Introduction to Green Supply Chain and Production Management Solution
With growing awareness of environmental issues and global warming, sustainability on the supply chain has been a concern for the society. Green Supply Chain & Production Management is the integration of environmental-friendly concept to every product manufacturing stage, including material sourcing, selection, manufacturing process, delivery of final product, as well as end-of-life management of the product after its useful life.
Currently, a lot of the producers are facing challenges on the quality of their products. Challenges that they are facing includes below:
- A lot of product failure is related to poor production process management, including procurement of raw materials and substance control
- Traceability and reliability of purchased raw materials
- Credibility of supplier
- Rapid expansion of chemical regulatory requirement around the world
- Surveillance program from NGO on big brands and their impact to the environment
- Driver force from buyers and retailers on process control requirements
- Hundreds or thousands of materials and components in complex products
SGS Green Supply Chain & Production Management Solution can help business to incorporate environmentally friendly aspects into the supply chain & production and establish a hazardous substance management system.
Advantages of implementing a green supply chain & production process:
- Sustainable green compliance assurance
- A cost-effective approach towards compliance
- Reduction of contamination risks during production, and thus improve efficiency
- Reduction of testing costs
- Better quality products, and hence reduce product recall risks
- Better brand image and demonstrate commitment towards environment sustainability and thus enhance customer relationship
- Overcome green trade barrier
- Factories with green supply chain management could gain competitive edge
Service features for Green Supply Chain Management:
Our green supply chain & production management service solution include but not limited to the following:
- Systematic approach towards hazardous substance control management
- Product realization and regulatory requirement recommendation
- Incoming material quality control and warehouse control
- Procurement and supplier management
- High risk production process identification and control
- High risk supplier identification and management
- High risk material and process evaluation
- Root cause analysis of hazardous substances non-compliance
SGS Green Supply Chain & Production Management Services Scope:
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made services that help improve your business.
For enquiries, please contact our Customer Service team!