SGS is the 1st Verification Body to award HKCAS Accreditation of ISO 14064-1 GHG Verification
To secure leadership in sustainable development in the certification industry, SGS is the 1st verification body to award HKCAS accreditation of ISO 14064-1 GHG Verification which the scope includes general manufacturing, service, education, hospital, buildings, pulp, paper and print industry and it is effective on 22 Jan 2014.
ISO 14064 and The Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol provide industry and government with a set of tools to develop programs aimed at reducing GHG emissions. It will also assist your organization to operate within emissions trading schemes. SGS can provide verification against ISO 14064-1 for your greenhouse gas emissions. Working to this international standard increases your credibility in the marketplace, and demonstrates your commitment to operating in a greener way. Verification by our experts ensures the independence of your assessments and reports.
Implement the ISO 14064 standard within your organization and you will be able to:
• Promote consistency, transparency and credibility in GHG quantification, monitoring, reporting and reduction
• Identify and manage GHG-related liabilities, assets and risks
• Facilitate the trade of GHG allowances or credits
• Support the design, development and implementation of comparable and consistent GHG schemes or programs
• Develop robust internal mechanisms for quantifying, managing and reporting GHG emissions
• Build trust with stakeholders
• Facilitate the development and implementation of organizations’ GHG management strategies and plans for the future
• Provide the ability to track performance and progress in the reduction of GHG emissions
SGS Hong Kong Limited
5/F, Manhattan Centre, 8 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, NT, HK
T: (852) 2765 3620
F: (852) 2333 2257