Consumer Goods and Retail BRC/RILA Consumer Product Audits
SGS audit service against BRC/RILA global standard for consumer products – demonstrating your supply chain’s ability to consistently deliver products that are safe, legal and of the specified quality.
SGS is one of the few audit firms accredited by British Retail Consortium (BRC) to carry out audits against BRC/RILA requirements. The BRC/RILA Global Standards demonstrate competence in maintaining product quality, safety and legality.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is a UK trade organization that represents the interests of UK retailers. The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is a trade association that represents America’s leading retailers. Setting out the requirements for the supply of safe and legal consumer products with consistent quality, this standard covers vast majority of non-food products and identifies how to determine the product category and their allocation, defining a wide range of audit requirements.
Conducted by experienced auditors our BRC/RILA consumer products audits deliver a wide range of benefits for the retailers and manufacturers involved:
- Reducing risk through due diligence investigations
- Cost-effective supply chain management strategy
- BRC/RILA members influencing standard
- Effective and systematic review of ongoing monitoring
- Reducing duplicated audits and lowering costs
- Improving credibility and demonstrating product advantages
- Worldwide accepted certification
- Reducing risk
- Improved brand image, through internet etc. with BRC logo
- Inclusion in the BRC Global Standards Directory with the potential for new business opportunities.
The BRC and RILA updated the standard and issued The BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products Issue 3 in February 2010. The new standard reflects the requirements of global markets on production safety and consumer products legislation. RILA, whose members include the largest and most successful retailers operating in the US has partnered with the BRC as federal legislation passed in 2008 came into effect in February 2009. Retailers in the UK and worldwide are adopting the standard as their tool for due diligence and supplier approval.
To find out how BRC/RILA consumer products audit services from SGS can support your organization contact your local office today.