SGS Battery Testing Services: Enhancing Performance and Quality
Benchmark Your Batteries’ PerformanceMake sure your customers’ first impression of your private label batteries is a lasting one. SGS can provide comparison testing of your batteries against national and international standards to see how well you perform against industry accepted performance criteria.
We can also provide side by side comparison data and continued validation on a frequent basis to make supplier selection an easy task. This will prevent batteries that do not meet your expectations from making it to your shelves, and ultimately into your customers hands.
Lithium-Ion BatteriesOver the years, lithium-ion batteries have become the primary source of power for electronics and toys. One of the advantages of lithium-ion batteries is their ability to provide longer operation times when compared to other battery chemistries. This capability can also raise concerns when it comes to safety. Lithium-Ion batteries are more likely to present dangers to the customer when mishandled or not properly manufactured. Two of the primary risks to customers are fire and explosion.
Lithium-Ion Battery Danger Preventions
- Ensure the batteries and chargers are tested in accordance with an appropriate test standard and are rated for their intended uses
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for storage, use and maintenance
- Avoid over-charging
- Inspect for signs of damage, such as bulging/cracking, hissing, leaking, rising temperature, and smoking before use
Lithium-Ion Safety Testing
With our enhanced battery testing laboratory along with the addition of new equipment, SGS Hong Kong offers the following safety testing services related to lithium-ion batteries:
- ANSI C18.2M/C18.3M Parts 1 & 2
- IEC/EN 60086-1 to IEC/EN 60086-5
- IEC/EN 62133 Parts 1 & 2
- UN 38.3
SGS Solutions for Batteries
- At SGS, our battery division can provide you with custom safety and performance testing to your exact specifications, that meet or exceed the current testing standards
- To address your battery safety concerns, SGS offers safety testing and factory auditing services to ensure your products meet industry accepted criteria
- Our battery division can also support continued compliance sampling, to ensure that any changes made to the qualification lot are recorded and reported
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. We identify the applicable regulations and standards for each of your specific batteries and target markets. SGS supports you reduce risk, improve efficiency and ensure compliance to contractual or regulatory requirements in all your manufacturing, sourcing, distribution and retailing operations.
For enquiries, please contact our Customer Service team!
To obtain a copy in PDF, please click here.