Hygiene Control Management System Certification
Demonstrate your commitment to good hygiene practices with third-party certification from SGS.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, commitment to a well-planned hygiene practice is essential for preventing people from succumbing to this communicable disease. SGS will help you to demonstrate your commitment to good hygiene practices with Hygiene Control Management Systems (HCMS) certification, the standard for hygiene control management.
An HCMS certificate from SGS shows that you have a system in place for ensuring that you meet required hygiene standards and builds confidence among your customers. A HCMS certified organization has an advantage over competitors in the market and will benefit during negotiations and tendering.
Requirements for HCMS certification include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a sanitization record for the facilities
- Top management commitment to the company hygiene policy
- Measures to minimize the chances of cross infection
- Resources to train staff on hygiene policy and personal hygiene
- Proper ventilation, drainage and waste treatment
- Clean water supply
- Pest control plan
- Incident handling
- Monitoring and continuous improvement
Certification is primarily based on the main audit. However, additional tests, such as indoor air quality tests and swab tests may be taken into account. SGS also provides training and gap analysis services to better prepare you for certification.