GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) Publishes Rules for GCTS Tracking System
GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) has official published rules for the Use of the GCTS version 2.0. This document gives explanation on the new launching of the GCTS system on April 25th, 2019.
SGS currently has several GSO NBs all over the world. With our professional team of technical experts, rich experience engineers in testing and certification, SGS can provide one-stop services from testing to certification to the Gulf markets.
Examples of GCTS symbols
- For all products covered by certificates issued before May 1st,2019, the previous configuration of the GCTS for products can still be used until:
- The expiry date* of the certificate if the expiry date > December 31st,2020
- December 31st, 2020 if the expiry date* ≤ December 31st, 2020
- Mandatory to update GCTS for renewal process
- New GCTS features:
- QR code for Product GCTS and Certificate GCTS are different
- NB number of product GCTS is removed
- Product GCTS and QR code will not be affected by the certificate expire/renewal/change
* GSO standards are subject to a 2-year transition period (adopted and endorsed from current international/national standards), GCC certificates which based on superseded standards are only valid in transition period.
GCTS Instructions on Symbol Placement
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made, value-added services that help improve your business. Our expertise in compliance management will help you make the right choices for different national markets, while carrying out the necessary testing and certification quickly and professionally.