Introduction of China RoHS Conformity Assessment System
China RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), officially known as the ”Administrative Measure for the Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substance in Electrical and Electronic Products” is a Chinese government regulation to control restricted substances such as heavy metals and flame retardants in electrical and electronic products.
On May 16, 2019, China’s State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) published the “The Implementation Arrangements for the Conformity Assessment System for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Products" (refer as the "Implementation Arrangements"). All products listed in “The Standard Achieving Management Catalogue (First Batch)”. manufactured and imported after November 1st, 2019 must comply with the Implementation Arrangements.
Requirements of “Implementation Arrangements” for the evaluation of the Conformity Assessment for product categories listed in “The Standard Achieving Management Catalogue (First Batch)” are as follow:
- Conformity Assessment: For the listed electrical and electronic products, enterprises should complete the China RoHS conformity assessment via either the voluntary certification or self-declaration. The information and results of the conformity assessments shall be managed by the Public Service Platform
- According to Implementation Arrangements:
- Voluntary Certification: According to the “Voluntary Certification Implementation Rules for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical Appliances and Electronic Products”, Enterprises can choose appropriate certification mode as well as certification and inspection bodies for their products. Certificates shall be issued if the testing and factory inspection passes, and all results must to uploaded to the public service platform within 5 working days upon the issuance of the certificates
- Self-Declaration: The producer or an authorized representative shall submit all related information to the public service platform in accordance with the “Supplier Declaration of Conformity Rules for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Products” within 30 days after product is placed on market
- Conformity Assessment Mark: All logos used must comply with the “Administrative Measures on the Green Product Labelling”.
|Figure 1. Voluntary Certification||Figure 2. Self Declaration|
- Market Surveillance and Enforcement: Market regulators, industrial and information management departments will supervise and manage the conformity assessment activities and results with relevant departments. The SAMR, in conjunction with MIIT, shall investigate and deal with reports of any violations. In case of any non-compliance, enterprises are subject to enforcement action and relevant information shall be disclosed to the public through the National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity system and the Public Service Platform.
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made services that help improve your business.
For enquiries, please contact our Customer Service team!