SGS: Your Partner for Railway Electric & Electrical Equipment
Nowadays, most railways use electric locomotives to haul passengers or freight in separate cars or electric multiple units, passenger cars with their own motors. Electricity is typically generated in large and relatively efficient generating stations, transmitted to the railway network and distributed to the trains. Railway electrification has constantly increased in the past decades, and as of 2012, electrified tracks account for nearly one third of total tracks globally.
SGS is an EU Notified Body for:
- EMC Directive
- RED Directive
- Interoperability Directive of Railway (TSI)
SGS Testing Capability & Services
SGS offers accurate and high-efficiency test services, which includes EMC test, Radio-Frequency communication test, Magnetic field strength test, Environment test, Reliability test, Safety test, Performance test and so on. We also cover the sub-systems of Rolling Stock, Signaling and Communication, Power Supply and Station Service, etc. SGS is also an accredited lab for:
SGS Accredited Test Standards:
Moreover, SGS has the technical competence for EN 50122 series, EN 50124 series, EN 50153, EN 50125, EN 60077 and EN ISO 13732-1.
Services available for related products:
- Rolling Stock
- Communication and Signal Systems for Railway
- Power Supply System
- Various On-board Sub-assemblies and Components
- Traction and Aux. Inverter of Rolling Stock
- Platform Screen Door and Vehicle Door System
SGS Global Certification Services for Railway Applications:
As the world leader in testing and certification services, SGS can offer one-stop solution to Government Organizations, Rolling Stock Manufacturers, Railway Subsystems and Component Suppliers, Railway Operators, and Railway Infrastructure Suppliers. Our Services include but are not limited to:
- Testing and Inspection: professional services for the railway system manufacturers and the operators and so on
- Consultancy: management system setup, problem solving, risk analyzing, training
- Development Services: lab development consultancy for EMC, safety and environment testing lab
- Certification: for new/upgraded rolling stock, on-board equipment and track side infrastructure as required by legislation/directive of the industry
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made, value-added services that help improve your business. Our expertise in compliance management will help you make the right choices for different national markets, while carrying out the necessary testing and certification quickly and professionally.