AS/NZS 62368.1:2018 - Updated Safety Standard for AV-IT Equipment
AS/NZS 62368.1:2018, a joint Australian-New Zealand Standard, was prepared by Joint Technical Committee TE-001 for Safety of Electronic Equipment covering information technology equipment, audio visual equipment and their accessories including external power supplies.
It was approved by the Council of Standards Australia on 8 Jan,2018 and the New Zealand Standards Approval Board on 20 Dec, 2017.
AS/NZS 62368.1: 2018 is based on IEC 62368-1:2014 (ED.2.0) with Australian deviations and uses Hazard Based Safety Engineering (HBSE), which evaluates hazards that can be transferred to end users and how technology products safeguard against these potential dangers.
Their main differences are:
- Add the list of normative references;
- Add requirements for AU plug;
- In Australia, it safeguards against transient voltages from external circuits, the separation should pass both impulse test and steady-state test;
- Change Table 29, Table 36 and Table G.5;
- Add new Clauses 6.201: External power supplies, docking stations and other similar devices;
- Add new Clauses 6.202: Resistance to fire, alternative tests;
- Additional stability requirements for television sets and display devices.
SGS Australia is a government-mandated certification (NSW) body which can independently complete the safety certification, EPCS (Electrical Product Certification Services).
Our electrical and electronic safety labs located in Shanghai, Ningbo, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Shunde are accredited by China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS), and have been certified as CB Testing Laboratory (CBTL) by IEC System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE).
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made, value-added services that help improve your business. Our expertise in compliance management will help you make the right choices for different national markets, while carrying out the necessary testing and certification quickly and professionally.
For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team!
To obtain a PDF copy, please click here.