Sharpen The Competitiveness on Smartphone Accessories
Recently, Shenzhen Consumer Council conducted a survey on the quality of mobile phone cases in China market . This survey consisted of 2 main parts – consumers’ preference on phone cases and the examination of toxic substances (see table 1). This report shows that toxic substances were found in about one-fifth of the tested samples.
Below is a summary of findings:
- 15% of lead content was found in a phone case, which is approximately 1550 times more than the reference regulatory limit
- Phthalates & PAH were found in 10% of the tested phone cases
- 1% of SCCP is found in a phone case, which is 7 times more than the reference regulatory limit
- 40% of the phone cases could be aged easily under UV light
With increasing concern on the safety and quality of mobile phone cases, similar studies are expected to be launched in various markets in the near future.
To enhance the consumers' confidence on phone case products, a pre-market testing is highly recommended. SGS is pleased to offer a testing program on high-risk parameters in smart phone cases.
Table 1: Test parameters of toxic substances in phone cases
|No.||Test Item||Reference Standard / Regulation|
|1||Phthalates||REACH Annex XVII entries 51 and 52|
|2||Cadmium||REACH Annex XVII entry 23|
|3||SVHC 181 candidate list||REACH - Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC)|
|4||Lead||REACH Annex XVII entry 63 / CPSIA 101|
|5||PAHs||AFPS GS 2014:01 PAK|
|6||SCCP||POPs (European Regulation (EC) No. 519/2012 amending 850/2004) - Annex I|
|7||UV Ageing test||ISO 4892-3: 2016 cycle 1 & ISO 105-A02: 1993/C OR. 2:2005|
Please contact our Customer Service team for details!
Independent and Innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities to deliver high-standard services to help improve your business.
To obtain a copy in PDF format, please click here.
- This promotion is only available from SGS Hong Kong Limited (Electrical & Electronic Technology)
- To enjoy this offer, present this SCOOP or the promotion code 201805-1 to our customer service team
- In case of dispute, SGS Hong Kong Limited (Electrical & Electronic Technology) reserves the right for final decision