ISO 45001 Update: ISO 45001 Standard Published - Download SGS ISO 45001 Training Course Outlines
On March 12, 2018, the final version of the new ISO 45001 standard was published by the International Standard Organization (ISO).
ISO 45001:2018 replaces OHSAS 18001:2007 as the globally recognized occupational health and safety management system certification standard. While it is similar to OHSAS 18001, the new ISO 45001 standard adopts the Annex SL top-level framework of all new and revised ISO management system standards.
ISO 45001:2018 is a key driver for any organization managing occupational health and safety in the workplace. The standard sets out key requirements for managing occupational health and safety and is a tool for facilitating improvement in overall health and safety performance. It encourages more internal and external stakeholder focus as part of the adoption of a risk-based approach to health and safety management.
Migrating from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
If your organization currently holds OHSAS 18001 certification, you will have three years from the formal publication of the new standard in which to migrate to the new ISO 45001 standard. To best prepare for this, holders of OHSAS 18001 are advised to work through the following steps:
- Obtain a copy of the new standard
- Set your company's strategy and engage stakeholders
- Develop an implementation plan
- Ensure any new competency requirements are met and create awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
- Review and confirm leadership roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Review systems for the management of outsourced products and services
- Review and understand the requirements for risks and opportunities
- Ensure that the requirements for "Documented Information" are understood
- Update the existing OHSMS to meet the new requirements and provide verification of its effectiveness
- Communicate with SGS with regards to your migration arrangements
How can SGS help?
We can provide awareness training to help you understand the requirements of ISO 45001, Annex SL, Risk Based Thinking and Empowering Leadership. On request, we can provide a gap analysis, which can be used to highlight the changes that will need to be made for migration from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 certification.
New ISO 45001:2018 training courses from SGS:
ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems – Introduction Course
- no prior knowledge is required to take this one-day course. However, familiarity of Annex SL is an advantage. This introductory course provides four sessions, covering different content from understanding Clauses 4 to 10 to identifying issues new to ISO/FDIS 45001:2018 and its similarities with OHSAS 18001:2007
ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems – Auditor Migration Course (Module 2)
- a CQI/IRCA certified course. Learners need to demonstrate acceptable performance in continuous assessment and a brief written test in order to complete the course successfully. In order to meet the CQI/IRCA migration training requirements Annex SL (Module 1) must also be achieved
Upon completion of these courses, learners will be able to understand the requirements of the latest version of ISO 45001:2018 and communicate changes in OH&S specific requirements.
To learn more about these courses and how you can enroll, please visit: ISO 45001:2018 – Training Courses
Certification and Business Enhancement
Tel: (852) 2765 3620
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.