Fitness For Use (FFU) Services for Kitchen Appliances
Companies that go beyond mandatory safety and standard compliance tests find their products enjoy greater market success. Producing a product that delivers best end user experience will help reinforce customer trust and help build your brand’s reputation. SGS offers a range of Fitness for Use (FFU) Services to help you assess a product’s performance in a realistic and professional manner.
Our FFU services cover a wide range of kitchen and cooking appliances, including: toasters, blenders, bread makers, electric ovens, etc.
FFU tests include:
- Function Testing
- Handling Testing
- Durability Testing
- Regulatory Certification Review
- Instruction Manual Check via FFU Methods
What are the benefits?
- Reliable Products
- Easy Handling
- High Customer Satisfaction
- Increased Brand Confidence
- Improvement of Chain Value
Performance Standards Harmonized in SGS Test Protocols for Kitchen & Cooking Appliances:
- IEC/EN 60350 electric cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and grills for household use - methods for measuring performance
- IEC/EN 60530 methods for measuring performance of electric kettles and jugs for household and similar use
- IEC/EN 60661 methods for measuring the performance of electric household coffee makers
- IEC/EN 61309 deep-fat fryers for household use - methods for measuring the performance
SGS FFU Services:
- Fitness For Use
Our association with Global Consumer Organizations
- Germany: Stiftung Warentest
- France: Que Choisir
- UK: Which
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made added value services that help improve your business.
For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team!
To obtain a copy in PDF version, please click here.