SGS Receives ISO 37001 Accreditation
SGS is pleased to announce that we have been accredited by Accredia, Italy’s national accreditation body, to certify organizations to ISO 37001 Anti-bribery management systems.
This new international standard specifies a series of measures that can be implemented to help prevent, detect and address bribery, enabling an organization to successfully implement an anti-bribery management system.
ISO 37001 is designed to help an organization identify corruption and create a culture based on integrity, transparency and conformity. While the standard cannot completely eradicate deceitful behavior, it can help to decrease the risk of corruption.
It addresses two key areas:
- Bribery by an organization, its personnel or business associates for the organization’s own gain
- Bribery of an organization, its personnel or business associates in relation to the organization’s activities
The requirements focus on:
- Business environment analysis: compliance with applicable, relevant regulations and recognizing sources of risk
- Management commitment: defining anticorruption policies and developing an implementation program
- Risk assessment: evaluation of risk levels and their impacts; measuring and control risks and verifying actions taken
- Reporting, monitoring and analysis
- Actions for continuous improvement
ISO 37001 is designed to be integrated into your organization's existing management systems, processes and controls. It follows the common ISO structure for management system standards, for easy integration with other standards, such as ISO 9001.
For more information please contact:
Tel: (+852) 2765 3620
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.