FCC SDoC Equipment Authorization Procedure Had Been Updated
To simplify the equipment authorization requirements and reduce confusion as to which process may apply to any given device, FCC issued final rule via FR 2017-23217 (82 FR 50820) to replace two of the existing equipment authorization procedures (Declaration of Conformity (DoC) and verification) with a single process—Supplier's Declaration of Conformity(SDoC).
- Effective Date: 2 Nov, 2017; Transaction Period: 2 Nov, 2017- 2 Nov, 2018. Permitted to use existing DoC or Verification as applicable. After 2 Nov, 2018, mandated to apply SDoC for every equipment put on the US Market
- Option: Under parts 15 and 18 of its rules, a responsible party can choose to use the certification process in lieu of SDoC for the approval of certain unintentional radiators
The Commission not only adopted SDoC procedure but also amended parts 2, 15, and 18 of its rules especially on labeling rules to update and improve its equipment authorization program. Under new regulations, below are needed to be complied when employing SDoC procedure:
- A responsible Party which locates in US is required. Otherwise, may apply FCC Certification to meet FCC authorization requirements as an alternative approach to access US Market
- The responsible Party could be the Manufacturer or Importer or Assembler or Retailer or other entities as applicable
- Devices subject to authorization under SDoC may be labeled with FCC logo on a voluntary basis
- A SDoC Compliance Information Statement is required
- New labelling requirements shall be complied
SGS EMC lab has been approved and officially recognized as a FCC accreditation lab on 13 July, 2017. SGS has a test qualification for FCC Verification, FCC Certification, FCC DoC, and SDoC authentication procedures. With perfect laboratory equipment and professional technical team, SGS can complete the test and offer transition service from previous VoC and DoC report to the current SDoC report.
For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team!
To obtain a copy in PDF version, please click here.