New Version of IEC 60598-1:2014 + A1:2017 Had Been Published
Technical update: new version of luminaries standard IEC 60598-1:2014 +A1:2017 was published. This amendment has been prepared by subcommittee 34D: Luminaires of IEC technical committee 34: Lamps and related equipment. The committee has decided that the contents of this amendment and the base publication will remain unchanged until the stability date indicated on the IEC website the data related to the specific publication.
1. New Marking
- Rated input constant voltage, Rated input constant current and value of Uout, Rated input power
- Marking for leads and terminations used for the connection to extra low voltage d.c. supplier
- The warning symbol “Do not stare at the operating light source” for luminaires incorporating replaceable or non-user replaceable light sources having a threshold illuminance Ethr condition should be put on place when replacing the lamp or component
- Luminaires delivered without control gear shall be provided with the necessary information for the selection of the appropriate component
- Additional information should be put on the packing when the terminal block is not supplied with the luminairy
2. Construction Requirements
- Construction: Updated technical judgement for clip mount test result.
- External wiring: New table 5.3 for wiring dimensions
- Creepage distances and clearances: Creepage and clearance distances for high frequency (> 30 kHz) and pulse voltages.
3. Electrical Tests
- IP test: Added IPX2 test method
- Endurance test and Thermal test: Added test condition for luminaires for constant voltage or constant current operation not equipped with control gear
Independent and innovative, our Electrical & Electronics experts use state-of-the-art facilities and technology to deliver tailor made added value services that help improve your business.
Please contact our Customer Service Team for more information!
To obtain a copy in PDF version, please click here.