SGS-Led Newest Revision of QC 080000:2017 is Released Globally
The publication of the newest revision of ISO 9001:2015 marked the start of the revision of QC 080000, based on the framework of ISO9001.
SGS was invited by The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) to be the group leader of QC 080000 revision group, being in charge of the drafting and summarizing of the newest revision of standard. The English version of QC 080000:2017 was released worldwide on May 22, 2017, along with the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese version.
IEC is the most authoritative organizations for the preparation and publication of International Standards for all electrical, electronic and related technologies. Being invited by IEC to be in charge of the revision of QC 080000 would be recognition of our professionalism and authority in hazardous substances detection and management of Electrical and Electronic products. Our work not only highlighted the impact of third party certification organizations on Hazardous Substance Process Management (HSPM), it stimulated the global development of IECQ Hazardous Substance Process Management System. We believed the publication of the new revision would initiate a new era in International Hazardous Substance Process Management System.
In the recent IECQ annual meeting held in Singapore, Mr. Chris Yau, Senior Manager, Products and Services Development, SGS, who is as well the chairperson of the IECQ fifth working group in QC 080000 revision, led a technical communication based on the revision.
According to Dr. Chen Qinjin, a major drafter of the revision of QC 080000 and our senior expert in Hazardous Substance Process Management, the newest revision of QC 080000 must be implemented by September 15, 2019, which would be 12 months after the deadline for ISO 9001:2015 transition.
The major change in the revision is as below:
- Synchronization with the newest ISO 9001:2015 framework, for the convenience of the users.
- Adaptation of newest development in global HSPM Standards, allowing users to meet the newest standards.
- Clarification of the documentation communication requirements, according to corresponding standard documentations.
- Increase or refinement of Hazardous Substance Management requirements.
- Constructive incarnation on international corporation requirements on Hazardous Substance Management with more specific requirements.
- Input of guiding annotations, guiding corporations to pay attention to certain requirements and to implement effective measures.
- Input of two annex, explaining the requirements of EU’s RoHS orders and Chinese RoHS corresponding standards.
Being one of the first third-party certification organizations to initiate IECQ HSPM QC 080000 certification and training services, SGS has been receiving recognition on QC 080000 certification in the field. Our QC 080000 certification would be the best tool to prove corporations effectiveness of their hazardous substance management, to win customers trust.
To learn more about QC 080000 certifications or training services, please contact:
Certification and Business Enhancement
t: (852) 2765 3620