ZLS Publishes EK1 646-16 Decision Concerning Blenders
ZLS, or Central Authority of the German Federal States for Safety, is part of a unit in the Bavarian Ministry for Environment, Public Health and Consumer Protection where it acts on behalf of authorities in all other German Federal States on the basis of a State Contract.
ZLS provides in the administrative documents for cooperation of all notified bodies (and GS-Mark granting bodies) with the accreditation body in regards to tests and certification results of possibly defective products on the market.
ZLS exchanges information with market surveillance authorities in Germany, of other Member States of the EU and authorities of third countries with a view to enhancing safety of products for professional, as well as for consumer use.
ZLS published the latest EK1 646-16 decision for blender on 25 January, 2017. According to AD06, the implementation of this decision should take effect immediately. Companies running GS test and certification procedures must consider this resolution. Unqualified existing GS certificates have to be cancelled in 3 months, by 24 April 2017.
Technical highlights of EK1 646-16 Decision:
- Changed EN 60335-2-14,clause 20.2, deleted the paragraph related to test finger having a circular stop face with a diameter of 125mm in testing of blenders
- Clause 22.112 (Blade shall stop within 1.5s after the lid has been opened or removed.) is also applicable to blenders
- Clause 22.113 (Interlock, etc) is also applicable for blenders
- Clause 22.114 (Detachable part removed, etc) is also applicable for blenders
Attention: Contents of this decision has to be considered not only for the certainly described product but also for the whole corresponding product category
- Product Safety Act (1. ProdSV vom 17.März 2016)
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- EN 60335-1:2012 + A11:2014 + AC:2014
- EN 60335-2-14:2006 + A1:2008 + A11:2012
For more information, please contact us for details.
To obtain a copy in PDF version, please click here.