SEDEX Launches New Self Assessment Questionnaire and Risk Assessment Tool
The Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX) recently announced the launch of a new Self Assessment Questionnaire and Risk Assessment Tool (known as SAQRAT). The SAQRAT has been live in the SEDEX system from December 5, 2011.
SEDEX is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains. Since its establishment in 2004, more than 23,000 organizations from around the world have made SEDEX as their platform of choice for exchanging ethical supply chain data. Its members span over 150 countries and 22 industry sectors, ranging from small independent farms to large multinational retailers.
Main Changes of SAQRAT and New Functionalities
Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ)
- Shorter SAQ - The new Self Assessment Questionnaire is significantly shortened (up to 50%) and SAQs that were 100% complete have now reduced to approximately 32-58% complete, depending on the five different sectors.
- Sector specific SAQs - There are five sector specific SAQs (Agriculture small, Agriculture large, Intermediaries, Manufacturing, Service Providers), which members can download for reference from the SEDEX community on Wizness.
- Offline SAQ - Members can access to an offline SAQ, making it possible to complete the questionnaire offline and upload it to the SEDEX system at a later date.
- Company level questions - Members have the option to answer company level questions (HQ SAQ) and copy these answers across multiple sites.
Risk Assessment Tool (RAT)
- Ability to visually compare Inherent, SAQ and Audit risk;
- Enhanced mapping and reporting of risk;
- Benchmarking of intra & inter supply chain risk;
- Risk data updated every 6 months.
- Ability to add basic supplier information to their own account;
- Comparison report of SAQ vs audit data;
- Ability to assign criticality (critical, major, minor) to issue titles.
- Reducing time and burden on suppliers for completing the SAQ;
- Enabling A and AB members to run more robust risk assessments;
- Enabling members to run risk assessments on an extended range of data and include all 4 pillars of the SEDEX SAQ.
SGS and SEDEX
SGS is a member of SEDEX Associate Auditor Group and one of the first 3rd party auditing firms accredited by SEDEX. We are familiar with the requirements of SMETA and can provide SEDEX members and non-members with professional SMETA audit and training solutions.
Follow us on the SGS Social Responsibility Solutions weibo page (Only Available in Chinese).
For more information, please visit SGS Social Responsibility Solutions official website.
For further details, please download the SEDEX Launches New Self Assessment Questionnaire and Risk Assessment Tool (PDF 100 KB).
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.