HKGBC CPD Webinar - CIC Green Product Certificate: Carbon Footprint Labelling - Reinforcing Bar and Structural Steel, Energy and Carbon Efficiency in Buildings and Infrastructure
An expert from SGS will be speaking at this webinar organized by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC)
23 Jul 2021, 16:00
23 Jul 2021, 17:30
This webinar organized by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) will provide an overview of the steel industry in Hong Kong in the last few decades from the public sector to the private sector, with highlights on:
- Overview of the steel manufacturing process, where does all the CO2 come from, and what is the industry doing about it;
- What steel choices can be made to reduce the embodied carbon of the building, a look at other supply of high strength and good quality of steel products in Hong Kong;
- Construction challenge of the recent completed mega-infrastructure and building projects using structural steel.
- Introduction to Construction Material Carbon Footprint Verification
- Overview of Embodied Carbon Emission on Construction Site and Introduction of the Carbon Assessment Tool (CAT) by the Construction Industry Council (CIC)
- The Role of Steel in Low Embodied Carbon Construction
- Mr. Conan LEE, Senior Service Development Officer, SGS Hong Kong Limited
- Mr. Desmond LEE, Senior Sustainable Design Engineer, Cundall Hong Kong Limited
- Ir. Jeremy PONG, Director, Shiu Wing Steel Ltd
July 23, 2021
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Cantonese supplemented with English materials
Free of Charge (HKGBC Members)
HK$50.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Please click here to enroll at the HKGBC’s website.