Seminar: On the Road to Lift and Escalator Safety
Join our seminar to know how to ensure the lifts and escalators are well monitored and maintained to avoid accidents from happening.
12 Jul 2017, 14:00
12 Jul 2017, 18:00
Hong Kong, China
Engagement of Independent Registered Lift Engineer for Lift Maintenance Audit
There has been a growing concern on lift and escalator safety in the society since the frequent accidents reported recently. Regarding this concern, SGS would like to invite you to join our seminar to let you have an awareness on how to ensure the lifts and escalators are well monitored and maintained to avoid accidents from happening.
- Introduction to Lift and Escalator
- Incident Review and Preventive Measures
- Regulations, COP and Circular Letters
- Maintenance Schedule and Quality Audit
Upon completion of this seminar, participator can understand:
- Understanding lift & escalator maintenance procedure
- Experience sharing for recent incident cases
- General understanding HK lift trade practice
- How audit can release responsible person liability
- Importance of audit
Property Manager & Officer, Technical Manager & Officer
|12 July 2017 (Wed)|
|Time:||2pm - 6pm|
|HKD 300 / person|
|Cantonese (with English materials)|
|Venue:||17/F, The Octagon, No.6 Sha Tsui Road, Tsuen Wan, N.T.|
*All seat reservation is subjected to advanced enrollment and on a first-come-first-served basis. SGS Hong Kong reserves the final right on any decisions without prior notice.
Ir. S.F. Ho
M.Sc., MIEE, C.Eng., RPE, MHKIE, RLE, REE, REA
Chairman of Technical Subcommittee of the Lifts and Escalators
Contractor Association for 8 years
Member of the Disciplinary Board EMSD for 6 years
In the 38 years’ work in Otis Elevator Company (HK) Limited, Ir. Ho held various positions including Field Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Operations Manager and Director of Service. Ir. Ho is currently working in SGS as Lift and Escalator Consultant and Director of Business Development in the Lift Inspection Services Division since 2010.
- Incident investigation and Expert Witness for EMSD for the Lift Incident on March 2, 2013 at King’s Tower North Point HK';
- Incident investigation for EMSD for the Lift Incident on Oct 8, 2014 at Selwyn Industrial Building
- Lead Lecturer for the Intensive Training on Quality Audit of Lift and Escalator for EMSD engineers and inspectors;
- Lead Lecturer for the Lift and Escalator Maintenance and Inspection for MTRC engineers.
Phone: (852) 3543 7900