CONSTRUCTION SEMINAR - Latest Trends on Sustainable & People Development
18 Mar 2014, 14:00
18 Mar 2014, 18:00
In recent years, Hong Kong has earned a reputation from rapid construction of grand premises and premium officer towers, but it is lack of experienced experts to manage the projects and well communicate with external & internal stakeholders. Furthermore, the needs of raw materials and skilled-worker push the operation cost higher and higher. Therefore, SGS invites different experts to share the latest trends of sustainable & people development in construction industry. The half day seminar will be divided by two parts, the 1st part is focus on “Cost & Energy Saving” in organization via Lean 5-S and ISO 50001 Energy Management System. The 2nd part is focus on people skill development eg. how to become RSA and how to increase working efficiency via effective communication skill in daily operation.
Contents & Speakers
The half day seminar will be divided by two parts, the 1st part is focus on people skill development eg. how to become RSA and how to increase working efficiency via effective communication skill in daily operation.
The 2nd part is focus on “Cost & Energy Saving” in organization via Lean 5-S and ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
Topic A) Highly Effective Communication Skills for Engineer & Project Manager
- Examine how and why people communicate and mis-communicate with each other.
- Develop a systemic method for recognizing the behavior of others in terms of their needs
- Develop an effective method of adapting our behavior to reach others
Speaker: Mr. David Chung, Manager of SGS Academy
Topic B) Tips to Prepare for the Registration Safety Auditor (RSA)
- Key elements to become RSA
- Legal requirement / Contract requirement on Safety Audit / Safety Review
- Sharing successful career path in Construction Industry
Speaker: Mr. Spencer Kai, Principal Consultant of Advance Management Systems Ltd.
Topic C) Saving Energy Cost and Reducing Carbon Emission by ISO 50001 & ISO 14064
- The benefits of ISO 50001 & ISO 14064
- Overview ISO 50001 & ISO 14064 implementation & certification process
- Case sharing
Speakers: Mr. Stephen Leung, Product Manager of ISO 50001, SGS HK Ltd.
Ms. Jenny Law, Product Manager of Energy & Carbon Services, SGS HK Ltd.
Topic D) Reducing Construction Costs by Lean 5-S
- Harvard: Gawande’s ‘Checklist Manifesto’ for 5-S construction quality management
- Lean 5-S (L5S) Checklist for construction cost saving and sustainability with HKBEAM
- Green 5-S (= 5-S + L5S) case study in construction ( Photo & Video presentation)
Speaker: Prof. Sam Ho, Founder Chair of I5SO, HK5SA, ICIT & APBEST Academy
|Course date:||18 March 2014 (Tuesday)|
|Time:||2:00pm – 6:00pm|
|Target:||Senior Manager, Operation Manager, HR Manager, Project Manager or RSO in Construction Industry|
|Venue:||SGS Training Center, 5/F, Manhattan Centre, 8 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, NT, HK|
|Fee:||FREE Seminar, two seats for each company (Only 50 seats available)|
Each participant can get Attendance Letter after successfully completed 4 sessions