2013 Construction Seminar – Safety and Sustainability Development
07 Jun 2013, 15:00
07 Jun 2013, 17:00
In recent year, Hong Kong has earned a reputation from rapid construction of grand premises and premium officer towers. The rising numbers of construction project boots the awareness of worker’s health & safety, material disposal, quality control and waste of energy. Furthermore, the needs of raw materials and skilled-worker push the operation cost higher and higher. The construction business owners and contractors must take responsibility for aspects of health & safety which they have controlled over, and improve the accountability in workplace. Also, it is important to ensure energy & carbon efficiency to minimize operation cost, ensure the safe & quality and assures compliance with international standards.
Contents & Speakers
Session 1: Secure Your Safety by OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Common occupational safety issues in Construction
- Experience Sharing of successful tips & difficulties for implementation auditing
- How to become Registered Safety Auditor
Speaker: Mr. Paxson Cheng, Product Manager - SGS HK Ltd.
Session 2: Achieve sustainable growth
- Sustainable Development Signposts
- Benefits of ISO 50001, ISO 14064, ISO 20121, Sustainability Report Assurance
Speaker: Mr. Vincent Kong, Sustainability Manager of Global Products and Services - SGS HK Ltd.
- Experience Sharing: Gammon’s Roadmap of Achieving Sustainable Growth
Speaker: Mr. Eddie Tse, Senior Environmental Manager - Gammon Construction Ltd.
Session 3: Reduce the risks of non-conforming material and quality in Construction
- Risks of quality issues during fabrication for steel works in construction
- Experienced Solutions : From Raw material quality to Fabrication safety
- Best practice sharing of implementation NDT
Speaker: Mr. Ivan He, Regional Business Development Manager of China Industrial Department - SGS CHINA
Date: 7 June 2013 (Friday)
Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Venue: 4/F, 402-406 Hennessy Road, Wanchai (e-Tech Forum)
Target: Middle & Senior Management in Construction and Property Management Industry
Fee: FREE SEMINAR
* Limited Seats. Register Now!
For more information, please contact:
t: +2774 7458