Environment Green Bond Verification
Enhance the credibility of your climate bonds with Green Bond verification from SGS.
A Green Bond (also known as a “Climate Bond”) is a debt instrument specifically earmarked to raise money for climate and environmental projects. To address concerns over “greenwashing”, and confirm the credibility and transparency of Green Bonds, the Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) launched the Climate Bonds Standard and Certification Scheme (the “Scheme”).
As a CBI-approved verifier of the Scheme, our Green Bond verification service determines if your bond is in accordance with the CBI Climate Bonds Standard and a range of related requirements.
Why choose SGS Green Bond verification?
We can help you:
- Save time sourcing a verifier - we deliver qualified verification worldwide
- Demonstrate your commitment to issue a Climate Bond that aligns with the CBI Climate Bonds Standard
- Enhance the credibility of your Green Bond
- Gain independent verification on the eligibility of your green project
- Strengthen your reputation and commitment to climate and environmental protection
CBI-approved Green Bond verification
As a world-leading provider of testing, certification, inspection and verification, and CBI- approved verifier of the Scheme, we offer you unrivaled expertise in Green Bond verification requirements.
We verify your bond in accordance with:
- CBI Climate Bonds Standard
- International Assurance Engagements ISAE 3000 - Assurance Engagements other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information
- Agreed procedures (only applicable for pre-issuance assurance)
To discuss your Green Bond verification, contact us today.